|Iron Man Mark IX|
|Original Designer||Ethan Drake|
|Current Builder||Stark Industries|
|Preceded By||Iron Man Mark VIII|
|Followed By||Iron Man Mark X|
NOTE: This is by no means a complete list of the armor's capabilities.
- Super Strength: The armor magnifies Ethan's strength to superhuman levels, enabling him to lift 50 tons.
- Flight: The Mark IX armor can reach speeds above Mach 3.
- Self-Contained Life-Support System & Environmental Protection: The suit can be completely sealed for operations in vacuum or underwater, providing its own life support, and is shielded against radiation.
- Repulsors: Concussive force bolts that are fired from the palms of his gauntlets.
- Pulse Beams: Electromagnetic beams that affect technology and machines.
- Rocket Launchers: The armor contains four anti-tank rockets that can be fired at a moments notice.
- Point Defense Laser: A defensive laser on his left shoulder shoots down and disables incoming projectiles.
- Tasers: The armor contains non-lethal tasers that are effective in taking down normal thugs with ease.
- Personal Shield: Iron Man's personal shield is an incredible feat of engineering. Ethan Drake designed it specially for the Iron Man Mark IX Armor. It is capable of withstanding direct impact from missiles and heavy ordnance. This same shield was also applied to the Iron Lad Armor.
- Particle Beam: A weapon capable of firing streams of particle energy at enemies.
- Flame Thrower: A wrist mounted flame thrower can be found in the Mark IX armor.
- Uni-Beam: Projects an extremely powerful stream of energy from his chest. This weapon is capable of destroying tanks and sinking aircraft carriers.
- Power Cells: The armor is powered by a combination of solar converters, electrical batteries and an on-board generator that uses beta particle absorption as a fuel source.
- Energy Conversion Power Recharge: The suit is also able to convert nearby energy sources, such as heat or kinetic energy into electricity, or even drain electrical energy directly into the batteries for recharge.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.