Biography[edit | edit source]
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Namor McKenzie perished in the struggle with the Chrell. In honor of the man who had been their king, the Atlanteans had decided that everyone who would be King of Atlantis would take the name Namor, should they be male, or Namorita, should they be female.
When he had ascended to the throne, he had changed his name to Namor, but he was Namor the Third. His father had been Namor the Second, who had ascended to the throne after the Chrell had finally been repulsed. The surface world had not bothered to lend a helping hand to the Atlanteans, too wrapped up in their own struggles with the Chrell, so the Atlanteans had been on their own. Namor the Second had been one of the strongest generals in the Atlantean army, and it had been he who had delivered the killing blow to the leader of the Chrell forces who had been part of the Atlantean Invasion.
Growing up, Namor was given everything deserving of a Prince of Atlantis. He had the best tutors and was taught a variety of subjects.
Over eighteen years after the Invasion and Occupation, they had finished rebuilding. Namor the Third knew what the city had looked like before the Chrell Invasion, knew what it had looked like during the Invasion and Occupation, and now he knew what it looked like rebuilt. The man was proud of what the city had been and even more proud of what it had become. It had never been his idea to rule, but he had been the first born son of Namor the Second. He had had no choice. Rather he would have liked to have been a builder, someone who created with his hands. Instead, it had been his lot in life to rule. Not a duty that he took lightly, nor one that he shirked without good reason.
Atlantis Rising[edit | edit source]
- "Your people dump chemicals into the waters. They lose ships in the waters. They damage ecosystems around the world with their actions, careless, careless actions. The oceans are my domain, they are my territory and I protect them. I give you no more reason than that, I am Namor the Third, King of Atlantis."
"Your highness, my apologies. My name is Captain America. Do you know who I am?"
"Who you are, is immaterial. My name is Namor, ‘avenging son’. I will avenge my people and the losses that they have suffered."
"You do not need to do that. There are peaceful ways to accomplish what you seek. Violence does not have to be the answer."
"Violence is the only answer for this problem, which your people have neglected for so long. Imperius Rex!"
- — Namor and Captain America
Information Coming Soon
Powers[edit | edit source]
Human/Atlantean Physiology: Namor's powers come from his being a unique hybrid of Atlantean homo mermanus and mutant homo superior physiologies, as well as being one of five Avatars of the Phoenix. Because of his unusual genetic heritage, Namor is unique among both ordinary humans and Atlanteans; he is sometimes referred to as "Marvel's first mutant," because, while the majority of his observed superhuman powers come from the fact that he's a hybrid of Human and Atlantean DNA, his ability to fly can't be explained by either side. (Atlanteans are an off-shoot of "baseline" humanity).
- Amphibious Physiological Adaptation: Namor's body is specially developed for underwater conditions, granting him specialized blood circulation to withstand freezing temperatures and highly developed vision to see clearly even in murky ocean depths. This hybrid physiology means he can survive indefinitely underwater or on land, though he would still need occasional contact with water to survive.
- Superhuman Strength: Like all Atlanteans, Namor is superhumanly strong but his physical strength is greater than that of any member of his superhuman race. The exact level of his strength is dependent upon his physical contact with water and his strength diminishes slowly the longer he is out of contact with it. He has been seen several times lifting thousands of tons without effort. Namor has once swam against a temporal storm for a brief period, even pressing on despite getting dehydrated by the act. Furthermore his physical prowess is so great that he has been referred to as one of the most powerful beings on the planet.
- Superhuman Speed: Namor can run and move at speeds greater than even the finest human athlete. His speed is greatest, however, while swimming. Whereas most Atlanteans can swim at speeds greater than 60 miles per hour, he has shown he can reach a speed of over 75 knots.
- Superhuman Stamina: Namor's advanced musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of normal human beings, and most other Atlanteans for that matter. At his peak, Namor can physically exert himself for at least more than 24 hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him. Namor's stamina, much like his strength, steadily declines the longer he is out of contact with water and will diminish to the point where he only has slightly greater stamina than the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Agility: Namor's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete. He can perform acrobatic feats in the air sufficient to enable him to easily evade/dodge most military aircraft.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Namor's reflexes are similarly heightened and are superior to those of the finest human athlete since he can react at impressive levels of super speed-as demonstrated through his catching missiles and throwing them back at their point of origin.
- Superhuman Durability: The tissues of Namor's body are much harder and more resistant to physical injury than those of normal human beings and most other Atlanteans. Namor can withstand tremendous impact forces, high caliber bullets, falls from orbital heights, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, blows from powerful superhumans and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury.
- Aquatic Healing: If he was somehow injured, Namor's body can heal damaged tissue faster and much more extensively than a human or most Atlanteans. Namor's accelerated healing is at it's peak while he is immersed in water and does diminish the longer he is out of contact with water or if he is completely dry.
- Radiation Absorption: Namor can absorb certain levels of radiation. His potential is unknown, but the full power of the Radioactive Man is enough to rapidly drain him of his strength.
- Extended Longevity: Atlanteans age much slower and live much longer than human beings with the average Atlantean lifespan being about 120 years. Namor, at this time, is considered to be in his physical prime.
- Amphibious Breathing: Like all Atlanteans, Namor can breathe indefinitely underwater due to having gills located behind his ears. Unlike most Atlanteans, however, Namor can also breathe on land indefinitely as well without the aid of breathing devices whereas most Atlanteans can only survive being out of the water for a matter of minutes.
- Aquatic Telepathy: Namor possesses a telepathic rapport with all, forms of marine life. He is able to mentally communicate with most forms of marine life and can mentally persuade them to do his bidding. Namor can also mentally communicate with other Atlanteans (giving mental-telepathic orders to all his men) and probably Humans as well.
Augmented Vision: Namor's enhanced vision enables him to penetrate the ocean's depths and see through murky water.
Flight: Namor also possesses vestigial "wings" on both of his ankles, by which he seems to fly at the speed of escape velocity when exerting himself fully. His flight speed at "normal" levels is enough to enable Namor to outspeed military aircraft. Since the "wings" by themselves could never carry Namor, it has been speculated that he uses the wings for steering and flies in some other manner, perhaps by telekinesis. During the the times he's lost his ankle wings, he is unable to fly at all. Namor's ability to lift weights when flying is sufficient to enable him carry a fifty ton anchor with one hand without a discernible loss of speed/momentum.
Hydrokinesis/"Sprinkler System": Namor displays the ability to extinguish himself when set alight, water spraying from his skin in a manner explicitly likened to a sprinkler system.
Acute Hearing: Namor says he has Acute Hearing.
Animal Mimicry (Aquatic Life): The Sub-Mariner has the ability to mimic the characteristics of all the undersea creatures. Some of the abilities he has demonstrated are:
- Sonar: Namor possesses a natural form of sonar.
- Lateral Lines: Namor can detect subtle movement or vibrations around him, particularly underwater.
- Bio-Electricity: Namor can discharge bio-electricity similar to an electric eel, but seldom uses it. He seems to be able to absorb certain energies and convert them into bio-electricity; blasts similar to his own such as from the Wasp seem easiest to absorb. It would appear that he needs to absorb energy from outside sources to produce a charge.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Expert Combatant: Namor's extended lifespan and his involvement in numerous conflicts both under the sea and in human wars have granted him a great deal of experience in hand to hand combat. Growing up, he demonstrated natural skill in both armed and unarmed combat and likely received extensive training in both later on. He is a master swordsman, marksman, and is capable of wielding other weapons such as spears but rarely does so due to his preference of hand to hand combat.
Bold Diplomat: Namor is also a highly skilled leader and capable ruler.
Expert Tactician: He is a highly accomplished tactician.
Multilingual: Namor speaks virtually every language on Earth.
Skilled Engineer: He is adept at designing and improving Atlantean technology.
Talented Business Executive: Ever since he was a teenager, he proved to be very adept in the field of business as it came easy to him.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Water Deficiency: When not exposed to water, many of Namor’s physical attributes gradually decline and can reach a point where he possesses only a small fraction of his powers. Namor's strength, stamina, and durability are affected most and, at their minimum known level, are much closer to the levels possessed by the vast majority of other Atlanteans. Renewed exposure to water will immediately restore his abilities.
Oxygen Imbalance: Namor has demonstrated a vulnerability to oxygen imbalance when remaining too long in either water or air, resulting in manic-depressive mood swings.
- Bi-Polar Tendencies - Namor is believed to be in the midst of an imbalance during the times in which he becomes angry very easily, which he is well known for, and is unable to think clearly and logically. He can prevent this imbalance, however, by dividing his time between the two atmospheres. He has occasionally used scientific or magical means to regulate his oxygen levels. With the imbalance properly controlled, Namor has shown himself to be a much more capable leader and generally much easier to be in contact with.
- Head Problems - Though the complete circumstance unknown if hit just right-- at times Namor has succumb to physical head injuries very easily so far as being knocked-out by a lead pipe in the hands of a normal human man. This may come from Oxygen Imbalance or after the permanent head damage he suffered by the Psychic Destiny. Still there are time he's taken constant high force attacks such as the Hulk`s fist.
Dehydration: Very powerful heat-based attacks are somewhat of a concern, as they cause dehydration; causing his body to dry faster, and weaken at at a accelerated rate.
Pollution: If Namor is immersed in or exposed to polluted water, it can have a negative effect both on his physiology and the efficiency of his physical attributes.