History[edit | edit source]
Science and Technology Advanced Research Laboratories, usually shortened to S.T.A.R. Labs, was a research organization founded by a scientist named Garrison Slate, who wanted a nationwide chain of research laboratories unconnected to the government or any business interests.
He succeeded not only on a national scale, but an international one as well: S.T.A.R. Labs maintained facilities in Canada, Europe, Australia, and Japan as well as in the United States, with the total number of facilities numbering between twenty and thirty at last recorded count.
Locations[edit | edit source]
A partial list of some known locations of S.T.A.R. Labs facilities and their research focuses where known includes:
- Austin, Texas (Silicone Hills): specializing in A.I., genetics, and metahuman studies.
- Central City, Missouri
- Chicago, Illinois: specializing in research and technology
- Gotham City: specializing in weaponry
- Keystone City, Kansas
- Los Angeles, California: specializing in genetics and disease control
- Melbourne, Australia
- Metropolis (Queensland Park Borough, near Metropolis Harbor): specializing in marine biology
- Metropolis (central branch, New Troy Island): catch-all facility, often seen as a temporary holding area for captured supervillains, as research is made on how to contain them.
- New York City: specializing in research and technology
- Phoenix, Arizona: specializing in meteorology and natural disasters
- Salt Lake City, Utah:
- San Diego, California: specializing in chemical research
- San Francisco, California: specializing in studying meta-humans
- Seattle, Washington: specializing in studying psychology and psionics.
- Wichita, Kansas: specializing in computer engineering