- "When there was no one else. When no other man or woman was willing or able to stand up to the Chrell, they were. They brought this entire planet back from the brink of ruin. They were the best of the best, the spiritual successors to the Howling Commandos. My proudest moment was when I brought them together."
- — Nick Fury
A top secret organization that culled talent from the various branches of the US Armed Forces as well as the armed forces of different countries around the world, Task Force 141 was an organization shrouded in mystery. It was run by S.H.I.E.L.D., and came to prominence much before the Chrell Invasion. It conducted secret espionage missions against other countries and organizations deemed a threat to the United States and it's allies, as well as S.H.I.E.L.D. and it's allies. The people involved were made so confidential, that numerous records of them were erased while they were part of Task Force 141.
During the Chrell Invasion, Task Force 141 was assigned to work with some of the most exceptionally powered supers who were left. They went on the most covert missions that the humans attempted, and were incredibly instrumental in bringing down the Chrell. After the Chrell Invasion, members of the organization that wished for their individual people to return to their respective governments did so, and with international attention focused on rebuilding, it was decided to dissolve Task Force 141.
Post Chrell War ActivitiesEdit
Some time after the Chrell War, S.H.I.E.L.D. was reformed and rebuilt. Nick Fury resumed his role as the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., and decided that he would keep elements of Task Force 141 in place, using the group as an organization to fight the fight that S.H.I.E.L.D. could not do in a more peacetime oriented world. To that regard, he declared a number of people from Task Force 141 as Killed In Action, when in reality, he gave them permission to keep the Task Force 141 name and mission alive, under the leadership of Jason King.
Jason King would, for the next twenty or so years, recruit and train the next generation of Task Force 141 operatives, all the while working in the shadows that even S.H.I.E.L.D. Black Ops wouldn't go into. This would be Task Force 141's lot in life, until Jason King's intelligence analysts got their hands on data that indicated that HYDRA had returned.
Known Members of Task Force 141 (During Chrell Invasion)Edit
- Nick Fury (Transferred to S.H.I.E.L.D. Currently Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
- Derek Sheppard (Transferred to S.H.I.E.L.D. Currently rogue) **Leader**
- Christian Sommers (Transferred to S.H.I.E.L.D. Currently deceased)
- Jason King (Believed to be KIA)
- Francis Kyle (Believed to be KIA)
- Clay Grey (Believed to be KIA)
- Charles Miller (Transferred to S.H.I.E.L.D.)
- Cameron Nolan (Confirmed KIA)
- Alec Partridge (Transferred to S.H.I.E.L.D. Currently believed to be MIA)
- Alec Chambers (Transferred to S.H.I.E.L.D. Current activities unknown)
- Duncan Strega (Departed Service. Currently with Vanguard)
- Wolverine (Departed service Currently with the Avengers)